If you have a permanent injury or illness and are no longer able to perform the duties of your job title, you may be eligible to apply for a Municipal Disability Pension. If you are employed by a municipality, such as a City, County, Town or Village, or if you are a New York State employee, you are most likely a member of the New York City Retirement System, or the New York State and Local Retirement System.

Problems for Correction Officers

By |2017-07-07T15:51:19+00:00May 16th, 2016|Social Security, Workers Compensation|

New Appellate Case Raises Problems for NYC Correction Officers' Disability Pensions By: Sean Patrick Riordan, Esq. Partner, McIntyre, Donohue, Accardi, Salmonson & Riordan, LLP. Correction Officers have a tremendously dangerous job, each day confronted with the most hardened criminals in our justice system. Based on this danger New York’s governing bodies have put in place [...]

Sean Riordan’s Successful Appeal on Behalf of Nassau County Correction Officer Reported by The Chief-Leader

By |2017-07-07T15:56:10+00:00April 22nd, 2016|Media|

Sean Riordan, a partner with McIntyre, Donohue, Accardi, Salmonson, & Riordan, LLP, was interviewed by The Chief-Leader on the successful appeal of a case in which his client, a retired Nassau County correction officer, was initially denied the ability to collect disability retirement benefits. Ronald DeMaio sustained a lower back injury after trying to break up a fight between [...]

Go to Top