Yes. Two years from the date of accident is the maximum delay that would still allow a claim to be viable. Some form of notice of claim must be given not to the employer, but to the Workers’ Compensation Board, within two years of the accident or onset of illness. In those types of illnesses which are slow starting, the statute of limitations is two years from when you knew or should have known that your illness arose out of or in the course of your employment. Giving notice of accident or injury to your employer does not mean you have a compensation claim.