In a Workers’ Compensation claim, virtually any injury or illness that is caused by some aspect of your employment may be covered. We say “may” because the insurance carriers and self-insured employers will often deny any non-routine case or cases where they feel they can dispute the cause or the connection to your employment. At McIntyre, Donohue, Accardi, Salmonson, & Riordan, LLP, our knowledgeable and experienced Workers’ Compensation attorneys are well versed in all areas of the law and practice in all state and federal courts in New York, as well as before federal, state and local administrative agencies.
Our firm has over 65 years experience in the area of workers’ compensation, both in representing clients before the Workers’ Compensation Board and investigating and prosecuting third party actions relating to work injuries. If you have been hurt on the job and have lost time from work, you may qualify to receive a portion of your lost wages and medical expenses. We are dedicated to protecting people like you who are injured on the job and work our hardest to see that you are justly compensated.
If you have suffered a partial or permanent disability that prevents you from returning to work, then you may receive additional awards pursuant to the Workers’ Compensation Law. There are many claims that must be filed and there are deadlines that restrict the time you have to file these claims.
Some of the injuries and conditions covered By the Workers’ Compensation Law are:
- Burns: from hot surfaces, hot liquids, hot steam, from chemicals or chemical exposure, radiation.
- Cancer from occupational exposure to radiation, toxic chemicals, to Asbestos (Asbestosis and Mesothelioma, etc.)
- Eye Injuries and Loss of Vision.
- Fractures and sprains of: the skull, vertebrae in the neck or back, hip, pelvis, arm, leg, wrist, hand or finger, ankle, foot, toe, ribs, nose and facial fractures.
- Heart attacks and strokes. Among the most difficult claims to prove, our office has successfully handled hundreds of such claims.
- Loss of hearing, due to an accident or to long exposure to injurious noise levels at work.
- Psychological conditions, such as Depression and Anxiety caused by a work-related injury or by your working conditions. Note that such conditions caused by routine personnel decisions affecting you, are not covered.
- Repetitive motion injuries such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Tenosynovitis of the joints, Tennis Elbow (from repetitive motion not just tennis)
- Sick Building Syndrome illnesses; C.O.P.D. (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease).
The attorneys of McIntyre, Donohue, Accardi, Salmonson, & Riordan, L.L.P. have successfully litigated virtually every type of claim that can come before the Workers’ Compensation Board. We have obtained millions of dollars in monetary benefits for our clients.
Multiple conditions, work related or not, may in combination be enough to establish a successful claim. Please contact our Workers’ Compensation attorneys for a free claim evaluation at (866) 557-7500.