Medical doctors, osteopaths, chiropractors and certain psychologists are all authorized to treat under the Workers’ Compensation Law. A psychologist must be at least a PHD, and you must be referred to that person by one of your treating physicians, a medical doctor. Chiropractic is covered; Podiatry is covered; the services of a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialists (Physiatrist), etc. Any type of Specialist who accepts Workers’ Compensation patients is covered under the law. This includes Cardiologists, Pulmonary Specialists, and virtually every specialty in medicine is acceptable.