Except with certain employers who have an agreement with the Union to opt-out of the Workers’ Compensation entitlement to use any doctor, you may choose any doctor in the State of New York, who is authorized by the Workers’ Compensation Board to treat Workers’ Compensation cases. This includes most doctors in the State. Under special circumstances, you may be entitled to use specialists out of state or doctors in the locality where you live, should you move out of state.